|Image Courtesy : Christ University|
Call for Papers : School of Law, Christ University Inaugural Law Journal
With great pleasure, the Journals and Publications Society, School of Law, Christ University, invites contributions on current or contemporary issues of law for the inaugural peer-reviewed edition of its Law Journal to be published in March, 2012. The Journal is an effort by the Journals and Publications Society to promote and encourage legal research and writing in the legal community. The School of law, Christ University welcomes original and well researched submissions from legal professionals, activists, academics and students. We hope this maiden attempt on our part will effectively contribute in enriching legal literature.
1. Submissions entertained would be under the following heads:
i. Articles: 4000-8000 words;
ii. Comments and Book Reviews: 1500-4000 words;
iii. Notes: 2500-5000 words.
2. Method of submission: Submission to the Journal can be made by e-mailing a copy of the manuscript or by posting the hard copy of the same. All submissions should be double-spaced in font size 12 following the Times New Roman format. One-inch margins should be left on both sides of the text and at the top and bottom. We encourage authors to submit their manuscripts in Microsoft Word Format and to use gender neutral language. The manuscript must not bear identification of any kind.
3. References and Citation: We prefer the use of footnotes rather than endnotes, in size 10 following a line spacing of 1.5. The style of citation should conform to the 19th edition of The Bluebook.
4. Abstract: The manuscript must be accompanied by an abstract, not exceeding 300 words.
5. Book Review: All Book Reviews must embody all relevant information pertaining to the book being reviewed. The Review must include: title of the book; name(s) of editor(s), author(s); place of publication; name of the publisher; year of publication; number of pages of the book; and price of the book.
Procedure for submission
The submissions to the Journal can be made through e-mail or sending by post. In case of post or courier, all manuscripts must be addressed to:
Journals and Publications Society,
School of Law Christ University,
Bangalore – 560029,
In case of submission through e-mail, a copy of the manuscript should be mailed to email@example.com
Covering Letter: All submissions, both hard and electronic copies, must be attached with a covering letter mentioning the name of the author, occupation, title of the manuscript and contact address, for future reference.
Date of Submission: The last date for submission is 20th February, 2012.
For further details please contact:
Chahat Chawla: +91 8105003327
Sarah M. Mattew: +91 9008960788
Rohan Virdi: +91 8951461334
Abhishek Sharma: +91 8147387119